Sponsorship and Membership
We invite you to join our Sponsorship
program so that you can help us to promote, sustain and continue to teach adults
and children alike, the Hindu Dharma which is our Heritage. Chinmaya Mission began
its service to the Hindu Community some 20 years ago in the Bay Area. Programs were
conducted on a small scale in private homes for many years.
In 1987, we acquired our own facility, named Sandeepany,
in San Jose. Sandeepany is the name of the Guru of Bhagavan Sri Lord
Krishna. Sri Swami Chinmayananda has named all our learning Institutions after Guru
Sandeepany. We have grown rapidly in number and programs since then.
We are funded by public contributions. Your contribution, as a
Sponsor, goes towards the operation of Sandeepany. Many families who are taking part
in the various classes that we offer to adults and children, have enrolled themselves
as Sponsors. They enjoy the many benefits that we offer and form an integral part
of the Spiritual Family at Sandeepany.
Sponsorship is an annual contribution of $500 per family. The donation
is tax deductible (Tax ID # 77-0315648) and can also be paid bi-annually, quarterly or monthly, according
to your convenience.
We hope you will be our next Sponsor.
Sponsors whose children are enrolled in Bala Vihar/Yuva Kendra programs
If you are renewing your annual sponsorship, it is mandatory that you please
fill the registration forms for your children when
they return in September. This will help us to update our
database in a timely manner, so that we can issue your receipts for tax
What do our Sponsors
- They enjoy all the classes offered at Sandeepany San Jose, Los
Altos, Fremont and San Ramon for adults and children without charge.
- They will receive, MANANAM, a periodical and the bi-monthly
Newsletters of Chinmaya Mission West and Chinmaya Tej of
Chinmaya Mission San Jose.
- They will also receive one year subscription to Tapovan Prasad, a monthly publication from
Central Chinmaya Mission Trust, Bombay, India.
- Sponsors also receive discounted registration fees to Chinmaya Youth Camps held annually.
- Sponsors are invited to attend Week-end
Retreats, held periodically at Sandeepany.
Thanks to all the Sponsor Families for their financial support
and more importantly for their help in organizing and sustaining all the Mission
programs for the past many years.
The classes available for you to attend at Sandeepany, San Jose and other locations:
- Bhagavad Gita
- Works of Sri Ramana Maharishi
- Meditation Classes
- Interactive Discussion Groups on different Scriptural texts, led
- Satsangs with Devotees and their families.
Chinmaya Mission membership is $100 a year. Members receive the following
publications: Our Newsletter (Chinmaya Tej) and Chinmaya
Mission West Newsletter are published bi-monthly and will keep our you informed
of all Mission programs and activities. In addition Chinmaya Mission West publishes
MANANAM, a quarterly book on various spiritual topics by many authors. They
also receive this book every quarter. Many parents have enrolled as Members and have
joined the ever increasing Family Membership. We appreciate your support and welcome
to the Chinmaya Family.
You are invited to visit us at Sandeepany in San Jose and take
part in the programs we offer and the many festivals that we celebrate throughout
the year. These functions are designed for the whole family to celebrate together
so that our children will grow up in a Spiritual environment made up of parents and
children. The culture is thus maintained.
If you wish to be on our mailing list, please send us your name
and address (zip code included). We can then inform you of our activities.
Do call us at (408) 998-2793 or (650) 969-4389, before you visit
us as we are not open throughout the day.
Thanks to our Supporters......
You can help
- By becoming a Sponsor of Chinmaya Mission
- By becoming a Member of Chinmaya Mission
- By contributing through United Way (our I.D. #
- By supporting through a generous tax- deductible
- By donating items of use.
- By donating your time and skill to serve in a
capacity that suits yours and our needs.
- Regularly scheduled classes on Vedantic Texts
- Adult discourses in Upanishads and Bhagavad Gita
- Weekend Bal-Vihar & Language classes at
three Bay Area Locations
- Residential Youth Camps in the Summer
- Jnana Yajna-s at various locations in the Bay
- Observance of major Hindu Festivals
- Social programs that help the needy in our
- Weekend Seminars on Intensive Self Education
- Bi-monthly Newsletter and CMW quarterly
For your convenience, we now
accept Visa and Mastercard. For additional information and any questions, please
contact Meena Kapadia at (408) 998-2793
In the Service of Pujya Gurudev,
( Treasurer, Chinmaya Mission San Jose )